One-Stack Meal Alert! Combine Chicken Tortilla Soup with the perfect dessert for a Tex-Mex meal using the Neat Nest Saucepot set. These sundaes feature topping with all the flavors of apple crisp—and the surprise of a hint of smoky flavor in the caramel sauce.
- 2 cups (8 small scoops) vanilla ice cream
- Smoky Caramel Sauce:
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Apple Crisp Topping:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into 3-4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- To make the caramel sauce: combine the sugar, water and lime juice in the Farberware Neat Nest 1.5-Qt Saucepot over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves, and cook until the liquid is a light golden color, about 7-9 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully whisk in the heavy cream until smooth. Stir in the chili powder and smoked paprika.
- To make the apple crisp topping: melt the butter in the Farberware Neat Nest 3.5-Qt Saucepot over medium heat. Add the apples and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples begin to soften but still hold their shape, about 4-5 minutes. Add the walnuts and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the oats and cinnamon and cook 3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each of 4 sundae glasses. Spoon caramel sauce over the ice cream and top with the apple crisp mixture.