Sweet, saucy and bursting with fresh flavors, Asian chicken lettuce wraps rise way above take out. This skillet to table dinner served with crunchy lettuce cups and an assortment of toppings is one dish the whole family will want to get in on.
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces water chesnuts, drained and diced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 1-2 limes, for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sweet chili sauce, sesame oil and ginger.
- Heat olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 10-Inch Skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add diced onion, bell pepper and garlic, and continue to cook another 5 minutes, until onion and pepper are softened.
- Stir in sauce and water chestnuts, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 4-5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and all the flavors come together. Remove from the heat and cover with lid so filling stays warm while prepping the lettuce and toppings.
- To serve, spoon filling into lettuce (if lettuce is very thin, stack two leaves together so they will hold the filling) and top with shredded carrots, scallions and cashews. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.