There’s no mayo in this flavorful Bacon Potato Salad that’s dressed with an easy garlic and honey-mustard vinaigrette. Delicious warm or cold, you’ll enjoy making this zesty Bacon Potato Salad for picnics, potlucks, parties, and events!
- 1 1/2 pounds petite red potatoes, cut in half or fourths (depending on size)
- 2 teaspoons salt, (for boiling potatoes)
- 12 ounces bacon, diced (about 12 strips)
- 1 small red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup oil, (canola/vegetable/olive)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the cut potatoes in a Farberware Neat Nest 4-Qt Saucepan and cover with water. Add salt and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Cook the diced bacon in a Farberware Neat Nest 12” Skillet until crisp. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon pieces from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Save 1-2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the skillet. Discard the rest of the bacon fat after it has cooled completely.
- Cook the red onion in the skillet with the bacon fat for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl until creamy and emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes, bacon, and onion and garlic mixture together with the dressing. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.