In less than 30 minutes, you can have this hearty, robustly flavorful =meal-in-a-bowl soup on the table.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut int 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces cured chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 6 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the potatoes and chicken broth in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender, 12-15 minutes. Coarsely mash potatoes in the broth and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a 5-quart saucepan over medium-high. Add the onion, garlic and chorizo sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 6-7 minutes. Stir in the kale and cook until just wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the potato mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.