Oh what a heavenly snack, for movie night or a home-made holiday gift or a birthday party. Remember to share!
- 16 cups unsalted freshly popped popcorn
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Very lightly brush a Farberware 10x15-Inch Baking Pan with vegetable oil.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Combine the sugar, corn syrup and molasses in a Farberware 2-Qt Saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir once and boil 5 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the extract, baking soda and salt. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir well to evenly coat. Transfer the popcorn to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the popcorn 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a bowl and stir to break up any large clumps that may have formed. Cool at least 15 minutes before serving. Store in a zip-top plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.