You’ve gotta’ try this chicken pot pie soup! Whether you have leftover chicken or turkey in the house, this soup is a creamy and hearty meal everyone will love.
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken, (or turkey)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 30 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can biscuits
- Add all ingredients, except heavy cream and cornstarch/water mixture into a Farberware Neat Nest 10-Qt Saucepot over medium heat. Bring to a low rolling boil.
- Stir intermittently, allowing the potatoes and frozen vegetables to soften and become as tender as you want them to be.
- Once the diced potatoes and vegetables are the perfect texture for you, add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and stir.
- At this time, put your refrigerated biscuits on a Farberware 11x17-Inch Baking Pan and put into a preheated oven using the directions listed on the can for temperature and timing.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the 3 tablespoons of cold water and 3 tablespoons of cornstarch until smooth. Dump mixture into the pot and stir.
- Stir slowly, allowing your chicken pot pie soup to thicken. (It will continue to thicken as it sits and cools down, too).
- Remove from heat when the soup is the thickness you desire. (You can whisk 1 more tablespoon of cornstarch + 1 tablespoon of cold water together and add in if you want it even thicker).
- Serve in bowls with biscuits on the side or halved and put on top/inside your bowl of chicken pot pie soup. Enjoy!