These deeply colored, delicious mimosas have a little something special: the pomegranate seeds slowly float up and down, looking like jewels in a ruby colored sea.
- 1 750ml bottle Prosecco, chilled
- 2 cups pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as triple sec
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, arils
- 8 orange rind twists
- To make the twists, cut thin strips of orange rind in 2-inch lengths, and remove as much of the white pith as possible. Spiral the rind around a toothpick, holding it for about 10 seconds to “train” it into shape. The twists will slowly widen, but will last up to a couple of hours in their lovely curlicue shape.
- Combine the Prosecco, pomegranate juice and orange liqueur in a pitcher, gently stir. Divide among 8 champagne flutes and garnish with pomegranate seeds (arils) and twists. Serve immediately.