Cool, creamy and full of rich chocolate flavor, you won’t miss the added fat and calories in this lightened up chocolate mousse recipe. Perfect for Valentine’s Day but healthy enough to eat any day of the year.
- 1 (12.3 ounce) package silken tofu
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Chocolate shavings, optional garnish
- Remove the silken tofu from the package and drain out any excess liquid. Place in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler by simply heating them in a heat-proof bowl place on top of a small pan with simmering hot water. Stir continuously with a rubber spatula until chocolate chips have completely melted being careful not to let the chocolate burn. Remove bowl of melted chocolate from the heat.
- Stir the vanilla extract, espresso powder and salt into the melted chocolate until combined. Add chocolate mixture to the tofu in the food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Divide chocolate mousse between two glasses or serving bowls and refrigerate until chilled - 2 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocolate shavings.