Creamy, decadent and unbelievably light sums up this beautiful cheesecake. Filled with bright lemon zest and a fresh blueberry topping, it will always have you going back for one more bite!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 10 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 1 tablespoon sugar and melted butter together and press into a greased Farberware 9-inch Nonstick Springform Pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and set aside to cool. Once crust is completely cool, wrap the bottom and the sides of the pan in a layer of plastic wrap and then wrap in aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In mixer, cream together cream cheese, zest of 1 lemon and 1 cup of sugar on medium speed until fully incorporated.
- Mix in sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add eggs one at a time on low speed just until combined.
- Pour cheesecake batter into prepared pan and then place in roasting pan. Fill roasting pan about a quarter of the way full with hot water and bake cheesecake for 60-70 minutes until top is set.
- When cheesecake is done, remove from the water bath and set on cooling rack. Once cheesecake has cooled to room temperature, refrigerate.
- To make blueberry topping, add blueberries and zest of 1 lemon to a medium size sauté pan and place over low to medium heat.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the blueberries and toss to coat. Cook for about 5-7 minutes just till the blueberries start to pop and release their juices.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 3-4 minutes until the mixture gets syrupy.
- Spoon blueberry topping over cheesecake and serve.