Peaches 'n' cream is the perfect compromise between fresh flavor and rich decadence. Just try this delicious Peach Cream Tart to find out for yourself!
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped nuts, divided
- 3/4 cup crème fraiche
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large peaches, washed, dried and thinly sliced
- Pre-baked tart shell
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scatter 2 tablespoons of the ground nuts in the pre-baked tart shell. In a bowl, thoroughly whisk together the crème fraiche, egg yolks, 3/4 cup of sugar, almond extract, vanilla, and salt. Slowly pour the mixture over the nuts into the tart shell. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tart from oven and arrange the peach slices over the top of the custard and sprinkle 1 tablespoon nuts and tablespoon sugar over the peaches.
- Return the tart to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve the tart at room temperature.