This light, refreshing ice tastes like the essence of peach. It makes a lovely dessert or first course.
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Prosecco sparking wine
- Combine the peaches, sugar, and nectar in a blender and puree. Strain into a bowl through a wire mesh sieve and discard any solids.
- Stir the Prosecco into the peach mixture and pour into a 13-inch x 9-inch baking dish. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and freeze until mixture is beginning to freeze at the edges, about 2 hours. Stir, with a fork, re-cover, and freeze until solid, about 3 hours, scraping with a fork every hour. To serve, scrape into soft clumps with a fork. Spoon granita into chilled glasses or bowls.