Top tortillas with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings for a lunch anyone will love! Great for picnics, hikes and lunch on the go!
- 12 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Favorite pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
- Homemade Pizza Sauce:
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- In a Farberware Neat Nest 2-Qt Saucepan, combine tomato sauce and paste on medium heat. Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix well. Bring to a slow simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Gather your flour tortillas. You will need two tortillas for each “quesadilla”. Spoon a desired amount of sauce on top of 6 of the flour tortillas. Top with mozzarella cheese and favorite pizza toppings.
- Spray a small amount of baking spray on your Farberware Neat Nest skillet. Place your already pizza made tortilla on the skillet. Top with second flour tortilla and spray a light coat of baking spray on top.
- Cook at medium heat until bottom tortilla is golden brown and the cheese begins to melt. Carefully flip your tortilla pizza and continue to cook for 1 minute or until golden brown on remaining side. Remove from skillet. Allow to cool and slice.