The sweet flavors of cinnamon and butternut squash are balanced out by just a touch of mildly spicy heat in this flavorful fall vegetable dish. Serve it with Open Face Turkey Joes and Cranberry & Sage Couscous for a complete one-stack meal using a set Farberware Neat Nest saucepans.
- 1 1/4 pounds butternut squash chunks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ancho chile
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the butternut squash in a Farberware Neat Nest 2-Quart Nonstick Saucepan with enough cold water to cover by 2-inches. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until the squash is easily pierced with the tip of a knife, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the squash and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the butter, ancho chile, cinnamon and salt to the squash. Beat with an electric mixer on medium until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.