Whole grains, nuts, seeds and dried fruit pack these chewy granola bars with nutrients and great flavor. Slip one into a backpack or glove compartment, or put them out for an afternoon snack.
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large white egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a Farberware 9x13-inch Baking Pan with a long sheet of aluminum foil to overhang the long ends by 1 1/2-inches.
- Combine the oats, coconut, pumpkin sees, and almonds in a large bowl. Spread mixture out evenly on a large baking sheet. Bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, 14-15 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F.
- Combine the honey, sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in a small Farberware saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, about 2-3 minutes. Pour over the oat mixture, add the raisins and cranberries and mix well with a rubber spatula. Add the egg white and mix well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and with lightly moist hands gently press down to evenly distribute.
- Bake until the oat mixture is lightly browned, 26-28 minutes. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Use the aluminum foil to lift the granola bar out of the pan and transfer it to a cutting board, carefully removing the foil. Cut into 16 bars. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.