The recipe for this piquant and aromatic relish may be doubled or tripled.
- 1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarsely grated orange peel
- 1 orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper fflakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer 20 minutes. Let cool before serving.