Crunchy water chestnuts make this gluten-free cranberry butternut squash stuffing the talk of the town! It is full of comforting fall flavors and is easily sautéed and baked in a dutch oven for little clean-up!
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 loaf gluten-free bread, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups white onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, , chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Thyme and sage leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a Farberware 5-Qt Glide Dutch Oven, heat on medium-high heat the avocado oil, onion, fennel, celery, and butternut squash. Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth, poultry seasoning, cranberries, and water chestnuts to the sautéed vegetables. Mix to combined. Turn the stove off then add the gluten-free bread cubes. Mix to combine until the bread is fully coated and moist.
- Transfer the Dutch oven to the oven and place it on a center rack. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top is slightly browned. Garnish with more avocado oil and fresh thyme and sage leaves.