Get ready to ring in the New Year with decadent Midnight Mocha Cheesecake. These festive, no-bake cheesecakes with a hint of coffee liqueur are sure to add a little sparkle to your celebrations!
- 1 cup chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, (about 15 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- chocolate covered espresso beans and whipped cream, for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press 3 tablespoons of crumb mixture in the bottom of each parfait glass and refrigerate.
- To make chocolate ganache: In a 2-quart Farberware® purECOok™ Ceramic Nonstick saucepan, bring 1/2 cup heavy cream up to a scant boil and pour over chopped chocolate. Let stand for about 30 seconds and whisk until smooth. Divide evenly between parfait glasses and refrigerate.
- To make cheesecake: In the bowl of an electric mixer, or using a hand mixer, mix cream cheese, espresso powder, light brown sugar, cinnamon and 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until light and airy.
- In a separate bowl, whip remaining cup of heavy cream, vanilla bean paste and remaining 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar on medium speed until it starts to get some body.
- Add coffee liqueur and continue to whip on medium-high speed until stiff.
- Stir about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture to lighten it. Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream until everything is combined.
- Fill parfait glasses with cheesecake mixture using either a spoon or a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans.