Taste the homemade goodness of this easy, cheesy soup. Serve with a tossed salad and pretzel roll for a family-friendly weeknight dinner.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 head broccoli, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese blend
- In a Farberware® PURECOOK™ Dutch Oven, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and celery in butter 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour, salt pepper and cayenne pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk; heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Add broccoli and carrot. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 or 5 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.