Bright and fresh seasonal vegetables combine with spicy Andouille sausage and wild jumbo shrimp, making this skillet dinner ideal for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Andouille sausage links, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 5 plum tomatoes, diced
- 24 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a sauté pan, place the olive oil, diced red onion, minced garlic, and Andouille sausage in the skillet. Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced bell pepper and Cajun seasoning. Mix well and cook with the lid on for 5 additional minutes.
- Once the peppers begin to soften, add in the plum tomatoes, mix well and reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes with the lid off. Then add in the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Divide the rice between 4 plates, then divide the Cajun shrimp and Andouille sausage between the plates. Top each plate with minced fresh parsley, enjoy immediately.