It’s like a BLT in a bowl – this easy-to-make rice bowl is filled with bacon, grilled chicken and avocado and tossed with a zesty pesto ranch dressing.
- 3 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cooked and/or wilted
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups grilled chicken, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced or chopped
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Pesto Ranch Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives
- To make the ranch dressing, place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and process thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice and the Pesto Ranch Dressing. Toss well to combine.
- Mix in the wilted spinach, onion and tomatoes.
- When ready to serve, spoon the rice mixture into a bowl.
- Top with bacon, grilled chicken and avocado.