This classic comfort food gets a healthy and flavor-packed boost from miso. Udon noodles add yet another Asian dimension.
- 5 cups reduced-salt chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
- 1 package (14.2 oz) udon stir-fry noodles
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup white miso paste
- Heat broth, carrots and green onion in 4- to 5-quart stockpot to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in chicken, noodles, spinach and sesame oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are tender. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, dissolve 1/2 cup soup into miso paste. Stir miso mixture into soup. Serve immediately.