Everyone needs a great banana bread recipe and this one is a keeper. Full of flavor and a hint of cinnamon, it’s perfect right out of the oven and even better the next day. For the best results, let the bananas get nice and brown before you use them.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a standard 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, eggs and sugar until pale yellow.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes.