The double chocolate chip cookie is a cookie for chocolate lovers. The perfect way to end a long work week is with a rich, decadent double chocolate cookie and an ice cold glass of milk. There is no better way to unwind from a hectic week and start your relaxing weekend.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa, natural non-alkalized
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, whole
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease baking sheet if not using parchment.
- On a separate baking sheet, place walnuts and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Cream on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to incorporate. Scraping down bowl and beating again to insure all ingredients are incorporated and not lumpy.
- Add sifted ingredients and mix on low speed until completely incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and mix on low speed until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons (1 to 1-1/2 ounces) cookie dough and form into balls. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving 3-inches between cookies.
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cookies will puff up and centers will still be soft. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing and serving.