Spinach adds a new twist to this breakfast favorite. Pierce yolk with fork before flipping for a harder cooked egg.
- 1 slice white or wheat bread
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cherry tomato, sliced
- Butter each side of bread with 1 teaspoon butter. With 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut hole in center of bread; remove circle.
- Melt remaining 1 teaspoon butter in 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Sauté spinach in butter 30 seconds or just until wilted. Push spinach to edge of skillet.
- Place bread and circle in skillet. Crack egg into hole. Cook over low heat 2 to 3 minutes until egg sets on bottom; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip bread and egg with pancake turner. Spoon spinach into the hole. Continue cooking until toast is golden brown and egg is desired doneness.
- Remove from skillet to plate, spinach side up. Garnish with tomato slices.