Classic key lime pie gets a sweet upgrade with a gingersnap crust. The smooth key lime filling pairs beautifully with the spicy gingersnaps and the addition of lime zest adds a brightness that makes it pop. Topped with whipped cream and fresh berries, this pie is sure to be a favorite in your house!
- 2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix gingersnap cookie crumbs with melted butter and press into 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, key lime juice and lime zest until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Once pie has cooled, refrigerate till ready to serve. Garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries.