This winning “brinner” recipe is so great it received first place in the first-ever Farberware® Cookware recipe contest! This family-favorite dish, developed by Lidia Haddadian, is perfect when served for breakfast or dinner and is sure to leave a hungry crowd ravenous for seconds.
- 1/2 pound good quality chorizo, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, peeled, halved, cored & sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, halved, cored & sliced
- 1 medium yellow (or orange) bell pepper, halved, cored & sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cored and finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- Pita bread or tortillas, for serving
- In a large Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Everything covered pan, brown chorizo over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove cooked chorizo from skillet and set aside.
- Lower heat to medium, add butter and sauté onions and peppers until softened and slightly browned (about 5 minutes). Add chorizo, salt and pepper.
- Carefully break in the eggs, placing them evenly over chorizo and vegetable mixture. Cover with lid and cook until eggs reach desired doneness (about 3-5 minutes).
- Top with cheese, cover and cook until cheese is melted (about 10-20 seconds). Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and serve with pita bread or tortillas. Enjoy!