This crowd-pleasing, hearty, one pot meal is crazy-easy to put together—and insanely delicious. It comes together quickly enough to make on a busy weeknight, but you’ll also want to share it with friends on the weekend.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can reduced sodium red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a Farberware 6-quart Covered Chef Pan with Helper Handle over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the beef and sausage and cook, breaking into smaller pieces, until no longer pink, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, paprika and cumin; cook 2 minutes. Add the broth, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil and add the macaroni. Return to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the pasta is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the top with the cheese, cover and let stand 2-3 minutes to allow to melt. Top with the scallions and serve.