These flavor-packed biscuits are a great accompaniment for Korean barbecue or an Asian salad.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Heat oven to 450°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or criss-crossing 2 knives, until mixture looks like fine crumbs. Stir in cheese and jalapeño. Stir in milk and 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce just until dough is moistened.
- Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Stir together butter and remaining teaspoon sriracha sauce. Brush mixture on warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm.