West Coast Wilted Spinach has a sharp and savory tang that complements almost any meal.
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 1 thick slice pancetta
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch spinach, well washed
- Finely mince the shallot.
- Dice the pancetta and brown it in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and sauté until golden and crispy.
- Make the dressing by first combining mustard with red wine vinegar.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to emulsify the dressing, and add salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing in to flavor the pancetta and shallots.
- Cut stems off the spinach.
- Add spinach to pan and cook until wilted.