This Chinese take-out restaurant favorite is a cinch to make at home using wholesome ingredients. The key to forming the thin threads of egg is to whisk continuously as you slowly add the egg—it’s not hard, and it gives the soup its signature texture and appearance. To make a complete dinner, pair it with Inside-Out Pork Dumplings for an easy one-stack meal using the Neat Nest Saucepan set.
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 quarter-sized slices of fresh ginger, unpeeled
- 1 tablespoon lower sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Combine the broth, ginger and soy sauce in the Farberware Neat Nest 2-Qt Saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and return to a boil. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry, return to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Slowly whisk in the eggs to form threads and cook 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and top each serving with scallions.