Treat your family to fresh and healthy fare with this classic chicken stir fry with your choice of fresh vegetables.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons Chinese stir-fry sauce or marinade, (Hoisin can be substituted)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 cups sliced assorted vegetables, (such as peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- For the Rice:
- 1 7-ounce box coconut ginger/Jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup finely diced red/green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallion, thinly sliced
- Combine chicken strips, Chinese stir-fry sauce and garlic in a bowl. In a stir fry pan, heat oil over high heat. Add chicken strips, cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan & set aside. Add vegetables, rice wine vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of water, cook, stirring for 3-4 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return cooked chicken to skillet and cook 1 minute until heated through.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in bell peppers and scallion.