Indian-inspired Butter Chicken is a delicious mild curry dish that comes together in under an hour for a hearty family meal.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 (about 2 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilnatro, for garnish
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Add butter to a Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick 11.25-inch Everything Pan and place over medium- high heat. Add garlic, ginger and onion and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts into bite- sized pieces, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garam masala, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper. Add to onion mixture and cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, cream and yogurt and whisk together to combine.
- Add chicken and stir until well combined. When mixture just starts to bubble, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice.