One skillet and 30 minutes—homemade lasagna! Now enjoy this homemade favorite even when time is scarce.
- 12 ounces bulk mild or hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (24-ounce) jar red pasta sauce
- 3 cups uncooked mafalda pasta, (mini lasagna noodles)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a Farberware Classic Series Nonstick 12-inch skillet , cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is browned; drain. Stir in pasta sauce, pasta and water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender (add additional water if sauce seems too dry).
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Dollop teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture over lasagna mixture; spoon sauce over ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and heat on low 1 to 2 minutes until mozzarella is melted and ricotta mixture is hot.