Getting the family to eat more vegetables is easy when you sneak them into this Italian Sausage Veggie Pasta Bake recipe. The sauce helps hide the vegetables and no one will be the wiser if you chop them up into very small pieces.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 small yellow squash, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (1 pound) box rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounced mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Stockpot, cook pasta per package directions, drain and rinse well to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a Farberware® Dishwasher Safe Nonstick Skillet, cook sausage per directions on package. Drain on paper towel then slice into medallions.
- Rinse pot pasta was cooked in, dry, and heat olive oil.
- Add vegetables and garlic. Sauté 5-8 minutes or until tender. Add sausage and sauce to pot with vegetables and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in pasta and half the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over the top of the pasta.
- Cover and bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve with Italian bread and a salad.