Mozzarella stuffed meatballs are a fun and delicious twist on a classic dish the whole family will love! Serve them over pasta for a winning dinner, or make them mini for the ultimate holiday appetizer.
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat lead parsley
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (24-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Combine turkey, egg, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and milk in a bowl. Form into 12 (1 and 1/2”) meatballs and stuff each with a cube of cheese, making sure to seal the edges.
- Heat olive oil in a Farberware Classic Series Skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until brown on all sides. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly add marinara sauce. Simmer meatballs until cooked through, turning occasionally, about 15-20 minutes. Serve over pasta and garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.