Fast, easy and fake! The unique dressing is best when made a day in advance - simply shake it up in an empty jar and toss with romaine, spring mix or your favorite salad green.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, or similar light salad oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, microplaned
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- Pinch chili powder, or chipotle chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 cups salad greens
- Cojita cheese, for garnish
- Roasted pepitas, for garnish
- Roasted red peppers, for garnish
- Crumbled tortilla chips, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake.
- To make the Mexican Caesar Salad, top salad greens with dressing, roasted pepitas, roasted red peppers, Cotija cheese and a crumble of tortilla chips, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate leftover dressing.