So many flavor options, and they are all delicious! Corn or flour tortillas? Green or red curry paste? Red or green cabbage? Yum!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red or green Thai curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, or hard taco shells, warmed
- shredded cabbage or carrot
- chopped fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- Sriracha sauce, if desired
- chopped peanuts, if desired
- In 11-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken breasts in oil 5 minutes per side. Add 1/2 cup water; reduce heat. Cover and simmer chicken 5 to 8 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from skillet. Cool 5 minutes; shred chicken with 2 forks. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium heat. Sauté bell pepper, gingerroot and garlic 1 minute. Stir in coconut milk, curry paste and fish sauce. Stir in shredded chicken; heat through.
- Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. Top with cabbage, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Drizzle with sriracha sauce and sprinkle with peanuts.