Coconut milk brings out the creamy goodness in this vegetarian curry dish. Serve over rice for a complete, well-balanced and very tasty meatless meal.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 pounds firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil and curry in a large deep nonstick skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add the tofu and ginger and cook, gently stirring the tofu to coat it with the curry, for 30 seconds.
- Stop stirring and let the tofu get lightly browned for about 2 minutes. Toss and brown again.
- Gently transfer the tofu to a plate and add the pepper, broccoli and cauliflower. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients and cook 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the vegetables are somewhat softened.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, soy sauce and salt and stir; add the tofu and cook another 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the sauce slightly thickened.