Your family will love wholesome Easy Cauliflower Soup, topped with heavy cream, bacon, and fresh herbs! With less than 30 minutes of prep, this creamy soup is perfect for both busy weeknights and special occasions. Serve with oven-warmed rolls and a salad.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cauliflower , freshly grated or frozen
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Whisk together flour and 1/4 cup chicken broth in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add garlic and olive oil to a large saucepan, then season with salt and pepper and cook about a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, cook up bacon in a skillet or medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Chop into pieces.
- Add cauliflower to the pot and stir to combine. Add water and place a lid on top to steam cauliflower until tender, stirring a couple times, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining chicken broth and milk then turn up heat and bring to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in flour/chicken broth mixture while stirring, then turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until soup has thickened.
- Stir in 2 cups cheddar cheese a little at a time until smooth.
- Serve, topped with remaining shredded cheese, a dash of heavy cream, the bacon and green onions.