Shake up your chicken game with sweet and sticky honey lime chicken thighs. Served over bright cilantro lime rice, this comforting dish is always a winner.
- For the Rice:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 3/4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the Chicken Thighs:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, (1-2 limes depending on the size)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Scallions, for garnish
- For the Rice: Melt butter over medium heat in Farberware Easy Clean Pro 2-Qt Saucepan. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add rice, chicken stock and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and leave rice covered for 5 minutes. *Please read instructions on the basmati rice. Different varieties require different cooking times.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice, zest and cilantro, and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste rice and adjust seasoning to taste.
- For the Chicken Thighs: Heat olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro 11-Inch Skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add butter and garlic to the pan and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add honey, lime juice and soy sauce, whisking to combine. Allow sauce to simmer for 4-5 minutes, until it starts to thicken. Add chicken back to the pan and cook an additional 1-2 minutes, turning the chicken a few times so it has a chance to soak up the sauce. Serve chicken over rice and garnish with scallions.