You've never had salmon like this before. With a flavorful basil-and-olive-oil crust and grilled to perfection, it is complemented by a fresh, homemade salsa.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (4-ounce) skin on salmon fillets
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the basil and olive oil; transfer to a plate and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine tomatoes, Serrano, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Preheat grill pan to medium-hot. Sprinkle salmon filets with remaining salt and pepper. Rub basil mixture over salmon filets. Grill 5-6 minutes per side, starting flesh side down and turning once until well marked and cooked through.
- Serve with tomato salsa.