Fast, healthful and delicious—it doesn’t get much better than this. Seriously—your dinner will be on the table in 15 minutes. But be warned—it might disappear just as quickly!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the shrimp and cook until lightly seared but not cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate and repeat with 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining shrimp.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and add the ginger, garlic, and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, 10 to 15 seconds. Add the asparagus and cook, stirring, until it is bright green and crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, scallions, hoisin, and chili-garlic sauce and cook 1 minute. Add the salt, pepper and sugar and cook, stirring, until shrimp are cooked through, 30 seconds to 1 minute.