The salty-sweet flavor of these Asian-inspired Sloppy Joes takes this classic dish to a new level. By all means make the filling ahead and reheat it: simply sprinkle it with a few drop of water to help it loosen up.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, sauce
- 2 tablespoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 potato sandwich buns
- Heat the oil in a Farberware Purecook 5-Qt Jumbo Cooker over medium-high. Add the onion, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up into smaller pieces, are until it is no longer pink and most of the liquid has evaporated, 10-11 minutes.
- Combine the jam, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions and sesame seeds. Spoon the beef mixture on each of 4 potato rolls and garnish with additional sliced scallions and sesame seeds if desired.