Quick and easy shrimp and asparagus pasta is a restaurant worthy dish that comes together in under 30 minutes. Filled with fresh lemon and fragrant garlic, prepare to wow the whole family!
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound (bunch) asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 shallots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- Bring a Farberware Easy Clean Pro Marble 5-Qt Dutch Oven of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the angel hair pasta according to the directions on the box until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a Farberware Easy Clean Pro Marble 10-Inch Skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil plus 1 tablespoon of butter to skillet. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes on the first side, flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add shallots, garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper to skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and lemon juice, bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add pasta, remaining tablespoon of butter, 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water, asparagus, shrimp, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, and toss to coat. Add remaining 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water if needed and season to taste. Garnish with remaining parsley.