These are an American take on an Asian favorite. The peanut sauce is a must-make, must-have, must-use.
- 1-2 lbs. top sirloin
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar , divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- Peanut Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste, optional
- Cut meat into equal cubes about 1-inch thick.
- In a big bowl combine 1/2 can coconut milk, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, curry powder, and ground coriander (grind in a mortar and pestle if necessary.) Stir until blended. Marinate meat in above concoction for 2-3 hours. Remove and put on skewers. Grill skewers for 2 minutes per side or until done.
- For the peanut sauce: in a small pan, combine remaining 1/2 can coconut milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, peanut butter, fish sauce, Thai red curry paste and tamarind paste (optional).
- Heat over medium heat until combined and peanut butter is dissolved. Serve over kabobs.