We love the body and depth a little sherry adds to the flavor of this gravy. Madeira and port will work equally well.
- Reserved defatted Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey pan drippings*
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine reserved pan drippings with enough chicken broth to equal 3 cups.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown slightly, about 1 1/2-2 minutes. Pour in the sherry and cook until nearly evaporated, 1-2 minutes. Pour in the drippings and bring to a boil. Whisk in the flour mixture, return to a boil and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Strain if desired. Serve with Herb Rubbed Roasted Turkey (recipe link below).